SAFE PASSING 101

Thursday, December 8, 2011

PAPER.Li the self Publishing Nightmare

WANT to start your own Newspaper ? Paper.li claims to be the answer ! From my point of view I thought it would be similar to the blog setup . Not so , it has frustrated me for over a month . I originally thought to combine all the blogs from Paralympian , Olympic , Sports and Occupy Movement areas into ONE all inclusive destination , so that when I clicked on I would have a plethora of stories to choose from .

All I have achieved to date is source a variety of items from the “ Occupy Movement ” ! whilst I am happy that I get something , I called this creation “ PARRABUDDY ” for a reason and not “ occupy ” which is what it appears to be at present .

Many weeks ago I put a comment on the front page requesting help well after I had appealed to “ ATL ” the cycling item that occasionally tweets me to say that he has used an item from my many sources and to date there has been no response . Of course I have been to “ paper.li’s help centre ” but even there they refer you to “ tutorials ” that appear not to work ! Now I readily admit that I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer BUT I rarely have trouble with running my blogs . All my knowledge there comes from “ blogger help centres ” and whilst I get no comments and followers in recent times I am able to successfully post whatever I create .

Here are a few of the comments I have sent into paper.li :


Original Comment

“ My blog.paper.li http://paper.li/f-1319968699
When setting up a month ago i was able to get " Occupy" items but all the Paralympic Sports and Ski , Cycle , Rowing , Olympic are despite huge amounts of effort not getting into the paper !
At 66yo i am prepared to learn new tricks BUT with 6 blogs working quite well THIS has been an exercise in frustration !
Should you be able to sort the issues i will persevere BUT it looks like the " CAN " if there is much more of this aggro !
From this set of comments i have been able to open favourites and on my paper there is the RHS box saying rightclick and then i left click on " add to favourites " and so up comes a box with " Parrabuddy" in it , so far i do not see “ parrabuddy" in the list but when i repeat the procedure this box then tells me " do i wish to overwrite "
Whilst writing this comment the computer has used 30MB , yours is the only site open so one comment has cost me the day’s allowance , I know it’s NOT YOUR FAULT but this has happened whilst I am on 16bit/sec D/load ! And the comment has not gone through because of the low usage rate !
Tried various options to comment thru :
http://blog.paper.li/2011/10/publish-it-new-way-to-publish-articles...
NONE WORKED and lost many more days of MB ! Thanks ! Do I Need THIS AGGRO ?
NO WAY JOSE !
Fact is GOOD RIDDANCE !!
Dec-05 2011 21:42.


Again !


SO far i see no reply to my comment even though i have refreshed this page several times !
Had this been my product i would have gone out of my way to solve some of the issues !
Obviously YOU CHOOSE NOT TO HELP ! NO point my thinking any other than this is a rubbish product that those working with it wish that i and the " Disabled Community " go away ! ”
Dec-06 2011 12:55.




2nd comment from me

“ SO far i see no reply to my comment even though i have refreshed this page several times !
Had this been my product i would have gone out of my way to solve some of the issues !
Obviously YOU CHOOSE NOT TO HELP ! NO point my thinking any other than this is a rubbish product that those working with it wish that i and the " Disabled Community " go away ! ”
Dec-06 2011 12:55.



Reply by Paper.li staff

Hi all,
please excuse the delay of our response. Could you please all submit a ticket (http://support.paper.li/tickets/new), we can better help you then for your individual issues.
Thank you in advance and best regards,
Birgit
Dec-06 2011 13:09


3rd comment from me :


“ WELL Birgit i have tried that !
MORE WASTED MB s , so you can BE PROUD of AVOIDING WORK !
Intellectually disabled ? I AM TRYING to help the " Para Athletes ! THose that aspire to the " Paralympics in London 2012 " , not sure where or when the " Special Olympics are taking place . Wasted too many MB on paper.li to google this for YOUR BENEFIT ! ”
Dec-07 2011 10:47.



Can’t say that I have endeared myself to them BUT it appears they do not wish to help . That being the case I will let the matter lapse and who loses ? Spent 15 seasons trying to get the word out to help “ Para Sports Athletes ” get sponsors and I know that there are many creating their own blogs BUT unless people tell the general public about them , those authors will be talking to their family , friends and fellow competitors rather than outside parties discovering them and asking their contacts to assist in creating more “ Sponsorship ”!

Recently I came across www.637daystogo.blogspot.com and I have mentioned him on Fat cyclist a couple of times to see if those 55k+ readers worldwide would find an interest in helping an Irish Paralympian . As yet I haven’t heard from Colin Lynch but when I try to leave comment on his blog the Blog tells me that it can not post as I have no connection to my own blogs ! Could be that my readers are having the same problems in leaving comments to my blog . Those wishing to contact me can use email skippi@ausi.com which will help me show “ blogger ” that there is a problem .

No comments:

Post a Comment